This is part 2. Click here to read part 1.
The trivial details – names, and the like – in this case study have been changed to preserve our client’s anonymity.
ast week, you read about the problems on Jack’s team. They were significant. Some people were at each other’s throats. Some people simply weren’t speaking to one another. Others were simply disappointed to be working in such a contentious setting. Productivity and work product were suffering.
And now, the exciting conclusion…
Four weeks later, Jack said, “You undercharged me. What I got for myself and my job alone was worth what we paid for this workshop. And then there’s what my team got too. You undercharged me.”
Here are a few of the other things Jack told us:
- “I’ve regained the trust and earned the respect of my team.”
- “People are coming to me to share, not to complain.”
- “I’m not stomping out [figurative] flaming bags of shit outside my door every day.”
- “We have a common language now.”
Specifically, Jack had given us three priorities… three results he wanted for his team from our training:
Those things can be difficult to measure quantitatively. However, here is the shift in Jack’s rating of his team (on a scale from 1-10) in those three areas after a single workshop of 4 hours.
|Cohesion||4 or 5||6 or 7|
Jack rated tensions on his team at a 6 out of 10 before the workshop. Four weeks afterward, Jack’s estimate is just 2.5 out of 10. Jack is planning their next installment of training with The Yes Works.
A few more quantifiable results you’ve got to love:
- Three people who work in a cubicle pen but didn’t talk even when work required it are now willingly communicating without third party intervention.
- Mark and Margaret are willingly communicating as well, without needing to involve Gary.
- Jack reports that before the workshop with The Yes Works, the team was working at a productivity level of 60% of his target for the team. Four weeks later, they are working at 80% productivity (compared to the same target). That’s a 33% increase in productivity almost overnight.
- No more vomiting before, during, or after staff meetings!
Jack’s team was under significant stress before working with us, so results may vary. But every team can benefit from the collaboration intensive training we provide.
After an intensive training with The Yes Works, Team members will:
- Improve communication skills and eliminate most miscommunication.
- Collaborate effectively, considering all perspectives and finding innovative solutions.
- Experience greater confidence in making decisions.
- Enjoy greater freedom and personal accountability.
- Work effectively and with gusto without close supervision.
Call us today to discuss your goals for your team — and to learn what an improv perspective can do to light a fire within the heart of your team.
Your company culture engineer,